ABN WeatherMax is the cable weather network operated by American Broadcast Network as a part of the ABN Domestic Television Corporation. It launched on March 20, 1980 as a part of ABN's ongoing expansion to compete against larger cable weather networks. From 2005 to present, ABN WeatherMax has exceeded the Hanson viewership rating of 9.25. The network is formerly known as The National Weather Network. All weather data is received via agencies such as the National Weather Service, the National Hurricane Center in Coral Gables, Florida, the National Severe Weather Bureau in the Shady Creeks suburb of Flint, San Andreas, and the National Severe Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Oklahoma.
ABN WeatherMax Programming
- Wake Up with Kelly (hosted by ABN WeatherMax meteorologist Kelly James)
- WeatherMax LIVE (airs during the mid-day and early evening)
- SkyWatch Tonite LIVE (mid evening to late night hours)
- WeatherMax Weekend (airs Saturday's and Sunday's)
- SkyWatch on the 7's (airs every :07 minutes after the hour to :57 minutes to the hour with data)
There are six weather documentaries in the works to be aired February on ABN WeatherMax.