- This article is not to be confused with the ITV in the UK.
ITV Network, also known as ITV for short, formely known as ITV1 from 2001 until 2013, is a British-American TV network launched in September 1989. It is based in New York City, New York. The network started when ITV Network Centre bought all nine stations of the bankrupt Independent Stations Group (formerly Independent Television Group). Those nine stations became the network's O&Os. Nowadays, ITV Network has affiliates in all 50 of the U.S. states, including Washington D.C., Alaska, and Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Currently, ITV Network is owned by ITV plc's subsidiary ITV America Holdings.
The early years
Carlton, Granada and UNM's dominance
"TV from the Heart"
National News Programs
- America in the Morning (6:00 am Eastern/11:00 am Central)
- ITV News at 12:30 (12:30 pm Eastern/11:30 am Central)
- ITV News at 6:30 (6:30 pm Eastern/5:30 pm Central)
- ITV News at 11:30 (11:30 pm Eastern/10:30 pm Central)
Local News Banners
- ITV News Local (e.g.: ITV News New York, ITV News Los Angeles, ITV News Chicago)
- Coronation Street